The Unit Manger will oversee a unit where he/she will majorly be responsible for attracting, recruiting, and retaining sales agents so as to deliver the set insurance sales revenue targets. The role is on contractual basis and reports to the regional Branch/Sales Manager.
Key Tasks And Responsibilities
- Delivery of business plan targets including Revenue, Persistency and Business Mix
- Recruitment and retention of Agents
- Effective monitoring and evaluation of agents in their respective units
- Setting out relevant plans and daily activity work schedule for the unit
- Ensure agents have the necessary support systems to assist them deliver their budgets
- Implementing training programs to support skill development and competence.
- Opening new markets
- Advise the business on opportunities/threats that are presented by such activities.
- Enforcement of performance management processes as specified by the business
- To uphold the brand image and ensure compliance with all internal as well as external regulations
Skills And Competencies
- Excellent Communication skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Emphatic Listener
- Able to Plan and organize meetings and activities for the Unit
- Able to build and bond together a team
- Must have leadership ability and Sales and Marketing skills
- Market intelligence and business development skills
- Able to handle and resolve Conflicts
- Time Management Skills
Knowledge & Experience
- A successful track record of selling in the financial services sector, teaching or any other relevant profession
- Demonstrable insurance sales experience as a tied agent
- Knowledge of legislation governing insurance in Kenya
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite and packages
- A Degree/diploma in a business-related course
- Must have at least 3 years’ sales experience in the insurance or financial services sector
- 2 years’ experience as a Unit/Agency Manager in insurance or financial sector will be an added advantage
- Must have a COP Certificate
- Must have current IRA license.