Purpose of the Position:
- This position contributes to the attainment of Wasoko’s Purpose, Values, and Behaviors through designing, implementing, and managing capability development programs and initiatives to enhance employee skills, performance, and career growth within the organization.
- Work closely with various stakeholders, including HR Business partners, department heads, and employees, to identify skill gaps, develop learning solutions, and foster a culture of continuous learning and development.
Key Performance Objectives
Talent and capability
- Deliver capability development programs such as coaching, mentoring, and leadership development initiatives for staff in the assigned business units as per the capability program implementation plans and budget.
- Deliver effective face-to-face training and virtual facilitation/presentations per the training plan, with a good understanding of the learning objectives, content, and delivery requirements.
- Partner with functional areas to prioritize capability gaps to address and create appropriate and relevant solutions and remain accountable for all agreed deliverables.
- Engage functional leaders to refine and utilize the competence profiles effectively and create career paths for staff
- Monitor and evaluate the business impact of core, leadership, and functional capability development programmes and activities, taking action as necessary
- Contribute to the Wasoko Succession Plan strategy through the implementation of requisite Capability Development strategies, which would ensure the continuous availability of a robust talent and leadership pipeline
- Talent Assessment and Succession Planning: Collaborate with HR and talent acquisition teams to identify high-potential employees, assess their skills and competencies, and create personalized development plans. Contribute to succession planning efforts by identifying future leaders and providing them with targeted development opportunities.
- Stakeholder Collaboration: Build strong relationships with internal stakeholders, including managers, subject matter experts, and external vendors or consultants. Collaborate with these stakeholders to identify training needs, gather feedback, and ensure alignment of talent development initiatives with organizational objectives.
- Support performance improvement by assessing staff performance, identifying gaps, and implementing corrective actions within the agreed objectives.
- Support and contribute to a continuous improvement culture that improves efficiency and produces better staff experiences.
- Performance Management: Assist in designing and implementing performance management processes, including goal setting, performance evaluations, and feedback mechanisms. Work with managers to identify performance improvement opportunities and provide coaching and support to enhance employee performance.
- Learning Technology: Stay updated with the latest trends and advancements in learning technologies and tools. Leverage technology to enhance the delivery and accessibility of learning programs, such as learning management systems, e-learning platforms, and virtual classrooms.
- Collaborate with senior leadership and HR to define the desired organizational culture and create a strategic plan to cultivate and reinforce it.
- Develop effective communication strategies to reinforce the desired culture and values across the organization consistently.
- Change Management: Support the organization during periods of change by assessing the impact on culture and providing guidance on maintaining a positive culture during transitions. Develop change management plans that align with the desired culture and facilitate the successful adoption of new practices. Learning, training and development
- Learning Program Design: Develop and deliver engaging and impactful learning programs, both online and in-person, that cater to different learning styles and organizational needs. These programs may include onboarding, leadership development, technical training, compliance training, and career development.
- Build and maintain effective and professional relationships with program participants and stakeholders, to deliver on-time, quality capability development programs.
- Provide reports, feedback, and updates on the learners’ and programs’ progress and performance and address any concerns and/or feedback from the stakeholders.
- Prepare quarterly and annual training plans and schedules.
- Develop and implement strategies to drive LMS usage.
- Market available training opportunities to employees and provide necessary information to encourage participation.
- Handle logistics for training activities, including venues and equipment.
- May, from time to time, be required to carry out other duties provided they are within the general level of responsibility of the duties set out above and within the abilities of the post holder.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Psychology, Social Sciences or a related field.
- A minimum of Six (6) years experience in Human Resources with at least three (3) in a learning and development or talent management function.
- Relevant professional qualifications are an added advantage;
- Proven experience in talent development, learning and development, or a related role
- Familiarity with learning technologies and tools, such as learning management systems (LMS) and e- learning platforms
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Collaborative mindset and ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Knowledge of talent assessment and performance management processes
- Familiarity with talent management and succession planning concepts
Wasoko Behavioral Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Strives for excellence
- Continuous learning