About the job
This job is sourced from a job board. Learn moreNova Pioneer is looking for a passionate and superstar Talent/ HR Assistant to offer support with the administration of day-to-day operations of the HR functions and duties. This is an entry-level role position with an expectation to have the successful candidate start late July/ Early August 2023. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a hybrid environment (remote and in-person) and to help create a transformative brand with the future of Africa’s youth at stake.
About The Role
As a Talent/HR Assistant, you are responsible for providing effective and efficient Talent and HR generalist administration aligned with organisational strategic goals. You will be responsible for assisting with day-to-day operations of the Talent and HR functions and duties particularly in recruitment, onboarding, customer service, administration, records management and HR compliance.
Working At Nova Means
- Fully embracing Nova’s values and beliefs and promoting them to students, teammates and parents.
- Living the culture principles inside and outside of the school.
- Working cohesively in a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style.
- Maintaining positive, constructive and professional relationships with students, their families, and teammates.
- Adapting to change frequently and embracing the gift of feedback
How will your day to day at Nova look like?
General Talent/HR Activities
- Maintain up-to-date records of employee status, benefits, certification, job function, terms of employment, and tenure in our HR system, BambooHR.
- Create and maintain employee files both electronic and physical files.
- Man the Talent email and respond to queries, adhoc tasks from teammates and external providers in a timely and professional manner.
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping sensitive teammate information and matters strictly confidential.
- Support hiring managers in recruitment administration such as scheduling interviews, carrying out reference checks, marking and assessing assessments.
- Support in creating physical and electronic files for joiners and ensuring the onboarding starter pack is completed in time for actual onboarding.
- Lead the administration of the referral bonus scheme as part of the recruitment process.
- Support in facilitating sessions during onboarding of new joiners into the organisation.
- Support in revamping the back end processes of our recruitment system, JazzHR to ensure quality hiring standards
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A Diploma/ Bachelor’s degree in a Business related course, Psychology, Sociology, and Human Resources Management.
- You have at least 1 year working experience in a busy startup or innovative organization that cares deeply about people development. Previous experience in a school would be great but not compulsory.
- You have experience with HR administration, recruitment and management of employee data.
- You firmly believe that HR should serve and support employees with a sincere care for their professional happiness and wellbeing
- You love people and think, eat, sleep, dream people.
- You would like to grow with the organisation and are truly connected to our mission in developing leaders and innovators
- You are meticulous with good attention to detail
- You are eager to learn best-practice in HR and you thrive through coaching on the job
- You are a strong communicator with good listening skills
- You love working in a team of driven and passionate individuals who are committed to growth
- You are resilient and diligent to follow through with set targets and goals
- You have grit and you are willing to bring your best self everyday to work
- You are self disciplined and do not require micro managing to get the job done
- You are personable and friendly – creating an aura of trust in a remote work setting
- You have exposure to Business or HR training. This is preferred but not compulsory as passion, skills and experience are the elements that will make you successful in this role
Our culture resonates deeply with your values- and in particular, you are excited to challenge yourself by taking risks and getting more feedback than you’ve ever gotten before.
How To Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, you are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
The Process Is As Follows
All applications will be reviewed and applicants notified of next steps. There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage.
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
N.B: Should you not receive feedback from Nova Pioneer within 30 days after you have submitted your application, kindly consider your application unsuccessful.
WORKING AT NOVAPIONEER
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels our work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here
Nova Pioneer will never request an application fee from candidates. If you are contacted with a request to pay a fee from someone claiming to be a Nova Pioneer Talent or Recruitment representative, please do not pay them and report it to us immediately on firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.