- Receipt and Issuance of materials both physically and in the system both in Nairobi and other regions.
- Verification of reports from other regions and contractors before replenishing their stock.
- Dispatching materials to regions through Stock Transfer Order (STO) process.
- Inventory management: Plan and project Stores requirements and monitor efficient utilization.
- Assist in GMPS processing.
- Manage equipment recovery and disposal process and provide necessary reports.
- Maintain Asset Register.
- Ensure the stores are well kept and arranged.
- To check the supplies thoroughly for quality, quantity, specification, condition etc.
- To take appropriate action for care and preservation of the stock items .
- Periodical stock verification (Impromptu/Quarterly/Annually) and always ensure correctness of stock.
- Ensure the stores are well kept and arranged and maintain the neat and tidiness of all company stores.
- To pass Good received notes , Purchase invoice and other paperwork received from vendor and send this to Accounts department for payment.
- To maintain all stores documents up to date.
- Generate various reports and reconciliations and submit to concerned users .
- Maintaining re-order level reports and reviewing these with user departments on an ongoing basis.
- Receiving and solving complaints about the services or products received and issued.
- Any other duty assigned by the line manager from time to time.
STORE OFFICER ROLE QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in business, supply chain, inventory Management, procurement, or an equivalent field
- Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) qualification or other qualification in Stores/inventory management will be an added advantage.
- At least 2 years’ experience in a busy stores/inventory management department.
- Experience working in the Telecommunication industry will be a distinct advantage.
- Hands on experience working with a stores/inventory management software/ERP. Those with SAP experience have an added advantage.