Do you want to change the world? Zipline uses drones to deliver critical and lifesaving medicine to thousands of hospitals serving millions of people in multiple countries. Our mission is to provide every human on Earth with instant access to vital medical supplies. Join Zipline and help us make this a reality for billions of people.
About You And The Role
We are looking for a business development professional with an entrepreneurial mindset to lead Zipline’s partnerships with donors and NGOs in Kenya. As the in-country liaison for all global health partners, you’ll develop and execute a strategy to build Zipline’s market reputation and position the organization for continued success within the donor ecosystem – by cultivating relationships, identifying revenue and partnership opportunities, and providing visibility into our impact. A strong candidate for this role will bring experience working with a number of multi- and bi-lateral partners, the ability to adeptly navigate a complex network of senior level relationships, and a proven fundraising track record.
What You’ll Do
- Elevate Zipline’s visibility with local bilateral and multilateral stakeholders in Kenya, including but not limited to USAID, The Global Fund, and Gavi to support current and expanded utilization of the system
- Advance Zipline’s objectives with The Global Fund by cultivating relationships across Kenya CCM member organizations, identifying value propositions, and gaining support for inclusion of Zipline in relevant proposals
- Advance Zipline’s objectives with USAID by liaising with the local USAID Mission, US Embassy, prime contractors, NGOs, and other US government stakeholders as required
- Create and continuously foster effective working relationships with donors’ prime contractors and subcontractors locally to position Zipline to win material scopes of work supporting global health supply chain programs
- Identify and advance programmatic opportunities to expand Zipline’s reach within the healthcare system, including delivery of vital program drug commodities
- Partner with the Kenya GM and Client Success Leads to educate key Kenyan government and donor stakeholders on Zipline’s value, cultivate champions within these institutions, and secure financial support
- Maintain a regular cadence of meetings with local partners, providing them with insights into Zipline’s work and impact
- Collaborate with Data, Marketing, and Communications teams to develop materials and host roundtables which highlight Zipline’s impact communicate our value proposition to partners in Kenya
What You’ll Bring
- 8+ year track record of stewarding relationships with and successfully raising funding from institutional donor organizations
- Experience working with donor-funded health programs and/or in health supply chain; experience working with USAID Global Health Supply Chain programs, US missions abroad, and or NGOs a plus
- Demonstrated ability to drive stakeholder mapping, develop relationships with senior external stakeholders, and build a constellation of champions
- Strategic sales mindset
- Ability to break down complex goals into individual tasks and organize those objectives into executable work plans with clear deadlines
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills with experience working on proposals, reports, SOPs, and presentations
- Experience collaborating with internal stakeholders across a global organization and ability to work with internal partners to design and execute key priorities and objectives
- Entrepreneurial mindset, creativity, self-sufficiency, and adaptability
Ability to travel: :30%
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
What Else You Need To Know
Zipline is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws or our own sensibilities.
We value diversity at Zipline and welcome applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. If you like the sound of this position but are not sure if you are the perfect fit, please apply!