About the job
IQVIA is looking to appoint statistical programmers to utilize the SAS programming language to develop clinical study report materials according to the objectives of a clinical trial for regulatory submissions. Programming and performing related tasks serving the full spectrum of statistical programming needs in our DS3 environment (home or office based):
- Import data from various sources
- Program quality control checks for source data and reporting data issues
- Interpret project level requirements and develop programming specifications
- Write programming code following established Good Programming Practices
- Program SDTM and ADaM datasets
- Program to create statistical analysis tables, listing and figures
- Validate datasets and all statistical outputs per prescribed gate checks
- Communicate with internal and client statisticians and clinical team members to ensure appropriate understanding of requirements and timelines
- Use and promote the use of established standards, SOPs, and standard methodologies
- Export data and clinical study report materials
- Provide training and mentoring to team members and department staff
You can help us bring clinical trial statistical analysis into the next generation. Award winning and innovative, we will give you access to cutting-edge in-house technology, allowing you to work on global projects across therapeutic areas. Be challenged in a fast-paced team environment that is collaborative in performing biostatistical analyses and advanced statistical programming. Development opportunities and mentoring at all levels enable you to progress your long-term career in the direction you choose.
We know that meaningful results require not only the right approach, but also the right people. Candidates should possess a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Biostatistics, Statistics, Mathematics, or Computer Science, and have a strong educational or practical evidence in programming.
Key required skills include:
- Home Based/Remote
- 3+ experience in Statistical Programmer role from CRO
- Excellent accuracy, attention to detail, problem solving, organizational as well as interpersonal communication.
- In light of the above, candidates for the roles should exhibit the following skills and competencies:
- Experience in programming in SAS within the CRO/Pharma/Biotech/Healthcare industries
- Knowledge of statistics and exhibit routine and occasionally complex analytical skills
- A focus on quality, accuracy, and completeness of work activities
- Excellent communication skills
- A good understanding of Good Clinical Practice and ICH guidelines
- Ability to independently lead (or have lead potential) and estimate programming scope of work, handle resource assignments, communicate work status, and work within project timelines for deliverables
- Take initiative and can be counted on to get the job done, with integrity
- Have the self-awareness to recognize when negotiating skills and assistance are needed
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients
Embrace your curiosity and grow your career in an exciting environment where development is a priority. Think boldly and disrupt conventional thinking. Enjoy what you do. Discover a career with greater purpose and help create a healthier world.
Whatever your career goals, we are here to ensure you get there!
IQVIA is a leading global provider of advanced analytics, technology solutions and clinical research services to the life sciences industry. We believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world.