To coordinate professional support to the relevant teams, overseeing the work of team members, maintaining a reliable control environment, ensuring the most effective use of systems and processes, and keeping accurate records for auditing purposes.
- Take a leading role in overseeing work streams and undertake staff related activities where necessary. This may include approving annual leave, maintaining sick leave records and completing performance reviews.
- Prepares monthly Cash Forecasts, liaising with all departments on their cash needs within the set deadlines.
- Process all bank payments vouchers including statutory deductions and ensure these are paid before deadlines
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation for assigned accounts.
- Supporting in archiving of payment vouchers and retrieving support documents for Audits
- Support in management of office petty cash and petty cash reconciliation
- Maintain updated programme advance tracker & Process petty cash vouchers and data entry.
- Prepares General Ledger and Cash Offline Spreadsheet for posting in the financial system.
- Assists in Preparing and posting adjustments and reallocation Journals.
- Ensures accurate budget code are entered in the cashbooks and validation is complete
- Provide guidance, support and advice on payments and related issues. Apply best practice and suggest recommendations to improve processes and methodologies.
- Ensure the provision of a full range of payment and/or banking services are available while maintaining a reliable control environment and ensuring the most effective use of these systems and processes.
- Maintain the integrity of user access to BBC finance systems allowing the correct level of user access for specific positions and compliance with BBC controls and policies.
- Monitor and ensure that finance data protection rules are followed
Are you the right candidate?
- Degree in accounting or finance.
- A recognized accountancy qualification (e.g. Certified Public Accountant (CPAK), Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA).
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software specifically QuickBooks and SAGE.
- An understanding of internal control protocols, including finance related segregation of duties within a complex organization.
- An understanding of data protection legislation and its impact on access control
- Experience of working in a finance/payments department.