Duties and Responsibilities
The Secretary ICT, E-Government and Digital Economy will be responsible to the Principal Secretary for overall policy direction and coordination of e-Government and Digital Economy. He/she will oversee the functions of e-government Services, Data Management, Research, Digital Innovation and Incubation, Software Development & Digital Services, and E- Commerce & Entrepreneurship directorates. Specific duties and responsibilities will include: –
- Aligning ICT vision, mission and strategic objectives to Kenya Vision 2030, National Digital Masterplan 2022-2032, Digital Economy Blueprint and Government agenda;
- Planning, directing, controlling and coordinating e-Government and Digital Economy functions;
- Strengthening governance by overseeing the formulation, review and implementation of e-Government, Data Management, Research, Digital Innovation & Incubation, Software Development & Digital Services, E-commerce & Entrepreneurship policies, strategies, guidelines, standards and global best practice;
- Overseeing the implementation of e-Government, Data, Research Digital Innovation & Incubation, Software Development & Digital Services, E-commerce & Entrepreneurship standards and ensuring their consistent application in government and industry;
- Facilitating the review and development of enabling institutional, legal and regulatory frameworks on overall e-Government and Digital Economy;
- Spearheading resource mobilization, investment, budgeting, budgetary control accountability and prudent utilization of resources;
- Providing leadership in the promotion, development and implementation of research, digital innovation & incubation, e-commerce & entrepreneurship, software development & digital services in the ICT industry; and
- Advising Government and provide leadership in e-Government & digital economy and promoting appropriate use of ICT in government services.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Served for a minimum period of ten (10) years, three (3) of which should be in the grade of Deputy Director, ICT, CSG ‘6’ and above or in a comparable and relevant position in the wider public service or private sector;
- A Bachelors degree in any of the following fields; Computer Science, Computer Technology, Informatics, Business Information Technology (BBIT), Computing Science and Technology, Computer Security and Forensics, Software/ Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or equivalent qualification from a university recognized in Kenya;
- A Masters degree in Information and Communication Technology (ICT) or in any other related discipline from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Membership to a relevant professional body;
- Outstanding managerial and administrative capability and wide professional experience in Information Communication Technology Policies and e-Government strategy development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation; and
- Demonstrated clear understanding of National Development Policies, goals and objectives.
Note: Possession of a certificate in project management from a recognized institution will be considered an added advantage.