- PhD degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience leading a research agenda.
- One or more scientific publications for conferences, journals, or public repositories.
- 2 years of experience in coding, developing, and testing AI algorithms.
- Experience in programming languages such as C++ or Python.
- Experience working on natural language processing models/conversational AI.
- Experience with machine learning based hydrologic models to deliver flood forecasting.
About The Job
As an organization, Google maintains a portfolio of research projects driven by fundamental research, new product innovation, product contribution and infrastructure goals, while providing individuals and teams the freedom to emphasize specific types of work. As a Research Scientist, you’ll setup large-scale tests and deploy promising ideas quickly and broadly, managing deadlines and deliverables while applying the latest theories to develop new and improved products, processes, or technologies. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, our research scientists work on real-world problems that span the breadth of computer science, such as machine (and deep) learning, data mining, natural language processing, hardware and software performance analysis, improving compilers for mobile platforms, as well as core search and much more.
As a Research Scientist, you’ll also actively contribute to the wider research community by sharing and publishing your findings, with ideas inspired by internal projects as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world.
Google Research addresses challenges that define the technology of today and tomorrow. From conducting fundamental research to influencing product development, our research teams have the opportunity to impact technology used by billions of people every day.
Our teams aspire to make discoveries that impact everyone, and core to our approach is sharing our research and tools to fuel progress in the field — we publish regularly in academic journals, release projects as open source, and apply research to Google products.
- Participate in cutting edge research in Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) applications.
- Develop solutions for problems, particularly focused on Africa.
- Implement and adapt AI methods including deep learning architectures, optimization methods, planning.
- Contribute to deployment and testing of solutions at-scale.
- Be able to take initiative and demonstrate technical leadership to drive research.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our Accommodations for Applicants form .