The Relationship Manager will be responsible for design, development, sales and business development of product propositions and platforms that deliver holistic solutions to Faulu Microfinance Bank customers and their ecosystems within the assigned sector in Institutional Banking.The role holder shall also be responsible for managing the performance of the products throughout the life cycle ensuring that customer value and ROI are optimized.
Key Measurable Goals
- Grow IB customer base and business volumes as per agreed targets.
- Generate and improve profitability on a portfolio of new customer relations.
- Market for sustainable growth and overall stability on the liabilities through growth of current account/collection business as well as wholesale deposits from institutional clients (sector focus will be stated on KPI).
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams internally to define priorities, plan joint roadmaps with partners and help solve critical issues across the organization.
- Proactively push product thinking and work closely with product and engineering teams, both internally and externally to build the best experiences for users.
- Identify, cultivate, and develop business relationships among the targeted Institutions, Government ministries, Developmental Agencies & NGOS, Religious institutions, Law firms and Non-Bank Financial institutions and respond as appropriate with a suitable product package based on the analysis of the Institution’s needs.
- To formulate marketing plans/strategies towards targeting of institutions for the purpose of acquiring deposits.
- To ensure adequate customer retention strategies are employed to attain growth from existing customers,
- Formulate and implement strategies that generate income from the financial institutions.
- Full responsibility for assigned sector product lines and all sales and business development activities for the bank
- Develop business opportunities and monitor business’s activities in line with the Bank’s long-term strategic and annual business plans and ensure that the Bank remains competitive and promptly reacts to changing market conditions and customer needs
- Implement a focused relationship management system, which increases the Bank’s ability to increase the flow of business and generate deposits, lending and revenues from existing and new customers in line with the enterprise strategy
- Enhance relationship marketing and management – to establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with customers and other partners, at a profit, so that the both the customer and bank objectives are met achieved by a mutual exchange and fulfillment of the brand promise
- Target, pitch to, and translate calls to institutions into a source of deposits.
- To attend institutional functions and to constantly expand, network within those institutions.
- To offer advisory services to the same institutions related to cash management and investment options.
- Must constantly review positions with existing institutions with an aim of cross selling and wallet sizing within the institutions.
- Sector performance & analysis: Should maintain relevant reports and data of existing Institutions as well as keep up to date on developments in the said institutions.
- Constant research on the economic atmosphere with regards to the various sectors in the industry.
- Initiate and monitor customer/Bank contact at all levels and functions, ensuring that customers enjoy the highest standards of service.
- Monitor counter services for collection business/institutional/asset clients.
- Monitor relationships on a day-to-day basis to ensure good customer service on the maintenance of SLA.
- Proactively manage expiring limits for loans & guarantees
- Ensure compliance with both internal and external regulatory requirements. Working closely with risk and compliance units to ensure effective controls to mitigate against business risks associated with institutional banking.
- Developing and continuously reviewing business operational policies and procedures ensuring their compliance.
A degree in a business-related field i.e. Bachelor of Commerce, Business Administration, Economics or Banking/Finance
Knowledge And Skills
- Possess Public Relationship skills in both formal and social gatherings and
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with those interacted with in the course of carrying out duties.
- Must possess sound knowledge of Bank products.
- Emotional Intelligence: Dynamic, individual with the ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent selling skills
- Strong networking skills, for both internal and external networks
- Relationship Management skills with excellent Human Relations skills, communication skills and interpersonal skills
- A passion for performance, building team play, and achievement in a competitive and dynamic environment
- Hardworking, strategically minded individual with excellent leadership, organizational, and planning skills
- Commercial awareness and customer focus
- Pleasant, honest outgoing, well-groomed and self-driven
Previous experience in a successful bank or within the bank with at least 5 years’ experience in Relationship Manager position, preferably in institutional banking.
Demonstrate leadership abilities. Confident, Integrity, Diligent Attention to detail .
Bachelors Degree (B) (Required)