- Build and maintain relationships with new and existing customers with the aim of selling the Bank’s products to the corporate companies.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Maximize account profitability by selling other products and services to the banks customers
- Drive collections in customer’s account which will be used for FX and other businesses.
- Identify and develop conglomerates banking relationships
- Ensure proper documentation throughout the credit application and availment process
- Sourcing for and monitoring of customer’s tenured investment or facilities.
- Respond promptly and satisfactorily to customer’s daily request and complaints
- Prepare weekly and monthly statistics/performance reports for management use.
- Monitoring of the customer’s main account regularly
- Reconcile all transactions on customer’s accounts where and when necessary.
- Initiate and carry out recovery action on non-performing credits facilities.
- Maintain comprehensive database of the customers operational records including the existing and prospective customer data.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Head of Corporate banking.
Key Performance Indicators
- % of large corporate sector accounts controlled by UBA in the country.
- Timeliness in delivering revenue generation reports.
- Number of Corporate accounts opened per annum.
- Timeliness & effectiveness in completion of assigned tasks.
- Efficiency level at executing scheduled and ad hoc assignments.
- Effectiveness establishing new relationships.
- Targets Assigned Vs Actual
- First degree in any fieldfrom a recognized university.
- Preferably have a second degree or relevant professional certification (as an added advantage).
- Excellent banking knowledge with a minimum of Four (4) years in Relationship Management/Marketing Experince and also Credit Experience with a leading industry player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Key Competency Requirements
- Must exhibit drive energy, aggression and passion for business development and acquisition
- Must be technology savvy
- Good understanding of financial services sector
- Ability to evaluate needs of customers and determine what products or service would best serve those needs.
- Selling and marketing skills.
- Must be self-solution driven, proactive and have acceptable knowledge of the business environment.
- Dynamic, analytical and a self-driven individual with the ability to work under pressure, maintaining a professional and helpful attitude at all times.
- Strong networking skills, for both internal and external networks.
- Relationship Management skills with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.