The Relationship Manager position in the Horn & East Africa portfolio within the Hub-Managed Countries (HMC) and Financial Institutions, SSA is a corporate banking position responsible for providing strategic advisory services across Citi’s full suite of client solutions spanning correspondent banking, capital markets, markets solutions amongst others. The client portfolio spans financial institutions, governments, state owned entities and select corporates in the HMCs.Responsibilities:
- Expand a portfolio of accounts with varying/complex financial needs with the objective of revenue growth and good credit quality in line with Citi’s credit standards, policies and processes
- Identify customer needs and recommend solutions to address these needs, such as financing, streamlining of cash management operations, foreign currency solutions, etc.
- Cross-sell banking products, including cash management, trade finance, trade services, structured trade products, foreign exchange, commodities, fixed income, loans (including syndicated, bilateral) and capital market products
- Responsible for all credit aspects of the relationship including annual reviews, early problem recognition and remedial management
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm’s reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Compliance / AML responsibility (KYC Renewal) for the portfolio ensuring pristine compliance standards are adhered to across this high AML risk portfolio.
- Support in the coordination & providing input into HMC Governance forums.
- Ensure adequate return on assets that meets hurdle rates on capital
- Ensure compliance with laws, regulations and corporate policies in respective countries of coverage
- Drive a high performance culture through development, coaching and management of Relationship Analyst (RA) team.
- Business travel will be required.
Knowledge / Experience / Qualifications:
- Bachelor or Masters (preferred) Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, and Maths etc. (other areas of specialization will be considered on a case-by-case basis).
- English proficiency is mandatory, multilingual (French, is beneficial).
- Prior work experience in Citi or other financial services experience in the areas described above (Business, Risk, Banking, and TTS) a strong plus. Minimum of 6-10 years of experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of credit analytics, financial modelling & corporate finance
- Proven expertise in Risk assessment and valuation
Education:Bachelor or Masters (preferred) Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Accounting, Engineering, and Maths etc. (other areas of specialization will be considered on a case-by-case basis).Personal Attributes
- Self-starter / self -motivated individual
- Independent and strategic thinker
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Ability to prioritize and work under pressure
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and Openness
- Collaboration/ Teamwork
- Process focus
- Entrepreneurial mindset, Business builder with a good track record to prove it.
- Strong communication & presentation skills
- Client Management skills at C-suite level
- Good product and process understanding of TTS/FXLM (including derivatives), DCM/CMO etc.
- Working knowledge of corporate banking products and credit policies/ procedures
- Credit Skills – understanding of financial statements and ability to perform financial analysis/ modelling/ credit appraisals.
- Strong spreadsheet skills
NB: Should the Business Head and HR deem there to be high potential candidates who do not fully meet the inherent requirements of the role, the candidate may be considered for the position, provided they have certain skills and experience which are closely related to the role. In the exceptional cases where we hire a more junior candidate, HR may require to bring in the candidate at the appropriate grade.