The incumbent will be required to implement business and service strategies to deliver Retail and Business Banking performance and growth targets of a cluster of branches in the region. The jobholder will provide leadership of a number of branches to ensure the delivery of the business plans for the cluster by establishing a high-performance culture amongst the branch management and relationship management team. The role oversees the operations of the existing Branches and business expansion through new Branches.
- Develop and implement business strategies to deliver performance and growth targets of the Cluster.
- Interpret overall Retail and Business Banking strategies into implementable plans and communicate to the branches in the cluster.
- Monitor overall branch sales performance ensuring sales and portfolio growth targets are achieved.
- Manage the quality of Credit Portfolio including documentation; to support credit lending and ensuring compliance with set policies and procedures.
- Build and maintain proactive relationships with internal stakeholders including product/proposition and segment heads to drive performance.
- Understand the local business drivers and issues that have an impact on branch/cluster performance.
- Identify business improvement opportunities within the cluster and make appropriate recommendations to the Personal & Business Banking leadership team e.g. service initiatives, improvement for existing products and processes, opening or closure of branches.
- Ensure effective resource management/planning that reflects current and future business requirements, ensuring that the correct balance of numbers, skills and experience. This includes evaluating requests from branch managers for additional staff, and may reallocate headcount between branches, within overall area headcount budget.
- Build and develop a high performing team, through embedding performance management and coaching.
- Share knowledge experience and best practice with branch managers, relationship managers, branch teams and the broader business.
- Initiate HR processes for direct reports when required e.g. disciplinary process, leave management, learning and development, talent identification etc in consultation with HR.
- Understand and articulate aggregated cluster requirements & customer feedback to help enhance over customer experience.
- Act as the escalation point for complaints. Visit high net worth or key clients to support the branch managers and relationship managers.
- Ensure branch network delivers excellence service through continuous monitoring of service scores and develop plans for improvement. Discuss and agree plans with direct reports.
- Sign off all budgeted branch expenses above branch manager limits.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business or Finance from a recognized institution.
- Master of Business Administration degree or its equivalent from a recognized institution (added advantage).
- At least 12 years relevant experience, 3 of which should have been in a managerial position in retail and/or business banking.
- At least 5 years in branch management with track record of performance in a large/flagship branch.
- Chartered Institute of Marketing diploma or its equivalent; and
- Associate of Kenya Institute of Bankers (AKIB) or its equivalent professional body.