KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidates will among others be able to do the following;
- Research, plan and develop on air content, ideas and concepts in line with the station strategy and values.
- On air presentation/continuity, news and acting on feedback from listeners.
- Thoroughly understands and relates with the typical Musyi FM listener
- Write broadcasting reports and execute commercial logs
- Music research – identifies, propose and source music to be incorporated into the station sound.
- Carry out outside broadcasting/Road shows and attend functions on behalf of the station.
- Receiving briefs from clients/ sales/ supervisor and executing accordingly.
- Scripting, recording, packaging and producing station features
- Creatively create and execute on air gaming elements from time to time
- Cross-promote the company’s online & traditional product lines
- Conceptualize and execute online campaigns for various projects
- Update all station social media platforms regularly
- Liaise with digital sales officers to create campaigns that can be commercialized
Skills and Personal attribute
- Fluent in spoken and written English, Swahili & Kikamba languages with a radio voice personality as well as an ear for music.
- Able to work odd hours including weekends and holidays without supervision.
- Must be, innovative and creative
- Have an understanding of Media Law and Ethics
Academic and professional experience
- A university degree or Diploma in journalism/mass communication or another related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years experience as a Presenter / Newsreader in a reputable radio station.
- Must be innovative and creative
Method of Application
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Quote the code REF: HRD/MUFM/RP05/2023
Closing date will be Friday 2nd June, 2023 at 5pm.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.