- Product strategy / leadership – Work with Peach leadership and other stakeholders to co-create a product roadmap, based on reviewing product specifications and requirements, appraising new product ideas, etc. and then own the tactical implementation of this product roadmap, adjusting as necessary with changing business contexts or factors
- Management of product development cycle – Work collaboratively with engineering, sales, marketing, legal, and other stakeholders – internal and external – to scope needs, design product solutions, manage development and deployment, and iterate as needed
- Knowledge management – Maintain a deep theoretical and applied understanding of Peach’s business model and our decision-making factors, as well as the automobile market in Kenya / East Africa more broadly, and apply a data-driven approach to product-based decision-making; lead on product-related documentation and other relevant knowledge management efforts
- People management – Managing the day to day efforts and outcomes of individuals directly involved in product development, including engineering and external service providers, as well as assessing talent needs and recruiting, hiring, and on-boarding of staff related to the Product team
- Other – When/how needed, contribute to the future of Peach Cars apart from tech / product development ~ help make and remake strategy and operations across the business units, problem-solving for challenges and acting thoughtfully but nimbly to take advantage of opportunities
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in product management, or related technical roles.
- 1 year of experience building and shipping technical products.
- Experience developing/launching products/technologies within one or more of the following: Cloud, SaaS, enterprise, internal tools, and/or supply chain networks.
- Experience managing day-to-day technical and design direction.
- Experience in one or more of the following: cloud infrastructure, SaaS, big data, security and privacy, development and operations, or artificial intelligence/machine learning.
- Experience managing a product team / product organisation
- Knowledge of and practical experience in multiple functional areas such as Product Management, Engineering, UX/UI, Sales, Customer Support, Finance or Marketing.
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority
- Competitive Salary
- Health insurance cover
- Flexible work plan/ hybrid work plan
- Business related expenses covered