- Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies
- Prepare and issue local purchasing orders to suppliers
- Negotiate credit terms with suppliers
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and improve the effectiveness
- Craft negotiation strategies and close deals with optimal terms
- Partner with user departments to ensure clear requirements documentation
- Perform cost and scenario analysis and benchmarking
- Seek and partner with reliable vendors and suppliers
- Determine the quantity and timing of deliveries
- Monitor and forecast upcoming levels of demand and maintain buffer stock at all times.
- Assist to maintain supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation
- Maintain warranty record for all the purchased items
- Coordinate and work with the user departments for all inventory related matters
- Take part in company projects and carry out any other tasks that may be assigned to you by your Line Manager and/ or any other person placed in authority over you.
Knowledge and Experience Required
- Degree in business administration specialized in Procurement or Supply Chain Management.
- Minimum of 2 -3 years of experience in a similar role.
- Candidates with completed or ongoing CPSP certification shall have an added advantage
- A member in good standing of Procurement professional regulatory body (KISM)
- Must be available to on- board immediately.
Key Skills and Competencies Required
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Exceptional Communication and Customer Care skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on tight deadlines.
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Computer literacy skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates to make their applications through firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject being “Procurement Officer – CEH/HR/REC/010/2023’’. This should reach us on or before 09th June 2023.
The application must include;
- An up-to-date CV, not more than 4 pages long, with the current and expected remuneration indicated in the CV.
- A one-page document in PDF format explaining how their personality aligns to the core values of City Eye Hospital.