- Provide leadership in all procurement matters within the Group by driving the delivery of procurement transformation through proactive stakeholder engagement to maximize value for the Old mutual Holdings Plc and its Subsidiaries.
- Develop category sourcing strategies to deliver on the overall group strategy.
- Sourcing the market for competent service providers and contractors through a transparent vendor pre-qualification and selection process.
- Overall responsibility of the procurement cycle.
- Lead negotiator, ensure optimization of the group Synergies.
- Cost management, ensure Total cost of Ownership (TCO) is within the group’s appetite.
- Ensure all sourcing activities conform to approved budgets and approvals.
- Prepare annual procurement plans, ensure approval and implementation of the same.
Policy and Governance
- Develop the group procurement policy, review for conformance to Group wide Policies and enforce compliance to the same.
- Overall responsibility of developing and implementing the group procurement standard operating procedures and enforce adherence to the established procedures.
- Secretary to the procurement committee. Ensure all procurement activities are conducted as per policy.
- Review of thresholds, advise on limits to support approvals for user requests.
- Coach, lead and develop procurement skills to support the group in service delivery.
Contracts management: –
- Develop robust and appropriate contracts management plans.
- In conjunction with legal, establish adequate contract review procedures.
- Contract negotiations and contract performance monitoring.
- Ensure all services are duly contracted for as per policy, in conjunction with legal ensure the group maintains an updated contract repository at all times.
- Identification, monitoring and control of identified procurement related risks.
- Address internal control gaps and remediate in conjunction with the group risk team
- Enforcement of AML – ensure all newly on boarded suppliers are vetted for AML and other sanctions prior to onboarding.
- Implementing and enforcing the board approved AML, KYC & CFT policy in as far as is applicable.
- Ensure adequate insurance covers are in place as required by the business.
- Manage the assets insurance claims process.
- Maintaining the insurance register and the claims register
- Ensure all newly acquired assets are accounted for and delivered to the user departments.
- Ensure relevant asset tracking is in place to protect the companies assets.
- Manage the Asset Disposal process