Conduct primary research with government partners
- Support the design of research projects to answer pressing program and policy questions, including user needs assessment, scoping, formative and summative evaluations, drawing on various qualitative and quantitative methods
- Work closely with Product and Expansion staff to design research projects that meet the needs of internal and external audiences and users.
- Coordinate with Tech, Performance metrics and Evaluation functions to integrate monitoring/evaluation data into research
- Oversee planning and execution of Educations System Support-related research projects
- Manage internal teams, teams of government representatives, and external consultants to execute data collection and analysis
- Ensure research collects high quality data and accurate
- Lead analysis of data from primary research to generate conclusions and recommendation to inform advocacy strategy and meet needs of intended users
Generate insight from primary data and existing literature
- Conduct literature reviews of current evidence on best practices in education policy and system change
- Write policy briefs and benchmarking reports summarizing key policy lessons from current literature.
- Lead process of using program data to generate insights on what works, helping teams determine the “so what” from data
- Conduct deep dives to into primary program data to respond rapidly to strategic program performance questions
Policy analysis for advocacy
- Conduct desk research to understand national policy objectives, priorities, and inform Educate! Strategy
- Monitor the policy landscape in priority countries and gather information, providing recommendations on advocacy opportunities and risks.
- Create briefs and concept notes geared towards policy makers that share Educate!’s work in innovations, so that the government is informed and brought along on our learning journey.
- Create government partnership proposals (aligned to national educational policy frameworks and using government language)
- Write thought leadership and insight pieces
Collaborative with Policy and Partnerships staff to build government (research) partnerships
- Oversee research-focused interactions with government partners, including scoping meetings, workshops, and dissemination activities
- In process of setting research objectives and designing research, ensure the buy-in of government partners by including them in each step of research process
- Support government partners’ professional development by bringing them opportunities to participate in research.
- Work on a cross functional team with that strategically solves problems related to government partnership and advocacy
- Excited about translating research into action and work with government partners in multiple countries as we grow
- Experience working in a company or organization that has experienced high growth – adopting new systems and structures as part of the growth.
- Strong orientation to team culture and cross-functional work
- Master’s degree or equivalent work experience in a field like policy research, research methods, or public policy.
- Ability to effectively multi-task; keen attention to detail and commitment to a quality work product.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication abilities; good writing skills and ability to distill technical research for a policy audience in written and Powerpoint form.
- Able to take several viewpoints and include them in research. .