The incumbent will be responsible for providing leadership in the Pharmacy Department at Chiromo Hospital Group. They will also be responsible for ensuring accurate compounding, dispensing, patient education, and handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders to meet customer needs.
- Staff Supervision:
- Responsible for supervising all pharmacy staff and evaluating performance.
- Manage and lead the Pharmacy Units in the provision of safe, timely, efficient, effective and patient centred pharmacy services and operations as per the Brand promise.
- Prepare staff Rota for all the branches to ensure smooth flow of work.
- Develop and or maintain operational and quality policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance to the pharmacy policies, procedures and pharmacy manual.
- Ensure optimal Financial Management of Pharmacy services.
- Participate in clinic committee and staff meetings.
- Identify training gaps and liaise with HR and Deputy Clinical Services Manager to facilitate training.
- Participate in the recruitment, interviewing and hiring pharmacy personnel.
- Stock Management:
- Responsible for Physical Inventory count / Stock takes daily for high value items and monthly for all items in all pharmacy units, wards, and other area with pharmacy items.
- Oversee controlled substance logs and inventory cabinet.
- Perform accurate and timely stock variance reporting with justifiable reasons prior to approval and adjustments.
- Target zero expiries and stock losses.
- Check margins monthly for items to ensure target margins are attained.
- Prepare a monthly report for pharmacy
- Maintain optimal stock levels in the Pharmacy to prevent stock outs
- Ensure appropriate storage of pharmacy items with temperature & humidity monitoring.
- Comply and observe drug handling and disposal in accordance with environmental health and safety measures and regulations.
- Patient satisfaction and confidentiality:
- Uphold Brand Promise.
- Minimize Turnaround time at the Pharmacy.
- Counsel patients on drug administration for optimum customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Both In and Outpatient Follow-ups are done on a weekly basis.
- As the primary contact between the pharmacy and the clinic, maintain excellent relations with the Deputy Clinical Services Manager, Nurse In Charge, Admins and other clinic staff and provide drug consultation services when required.
- Communicate with various doctors and doctors’ offices regarding prescriptions, Stockouts, and verifications.
- Financially responsible for ensuring the development of a profitable business unit and continued growth.
- Maintain close interaction with relevant professional bodies ensuring that the department is kept abreast with all new developments in the pharmaceutical and related fields.
- Perform any other duties from time to time as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Key Performance Measures
- High customer satisfaction rating.
- Ensure stock items are dispensed within 30 minutes and non-stock items within a maximum of 24hrs
- Stock discrepancy to be maintained below 2% of total stock holding
- Zero cost of expired stock
- Zero drug dispensing errors
- Full adherence to standard operating and drug-handling procedures
- Diploma in Pharmacy
- Practicing License from Pharmacy and Poisons Board
- 3 – 5 years of appropriate experience in pharmaceutical operations
- Microsoft suite packages proficiency