- We are looking for a hardware lab technician to join our engineering team. Our network hardware provides our customers with smart delivery of fuel and other products and services through our unique last mile distribution network.
- As part of the Hardware Quality Assurance team you will work with fellow team members testing programs related to KOKO hardware products in a lab environment, and analyze electrical, electronic and mechanical sub-systems. You will be analytical and quality focused, ensuring test reports provide critical feedback for understanding issues and validating designs. You will be passionate about quality assurance, ensuring problems are well understood and documented. Aside from technical skills, you should be comfortable communicating and working in a team and as an individual contributor.
What you will do
- Build, maintain and monitor custom test rigs and track test execution
- Provide clearly documented test results and conclusions
- Support the development of new tools and test rigs for test automation
- Work with QA Test Engineers to convert test plans into schedule tests executions
- Debug and analyse data sets generated form tests
- Use best practices and continuously improve your skills in quality assurance
- Spend time in the field as needed to gain a deeper understanding on how best we can simulate scenarios in lab conditions
- Help build the engineering culture at KOKO, support your fellow engineers and and encourage best practices
What you will bring to KOKO
- Degree or Diploma in a hardware engineering field (electronics, mechanical or embedded software)
- Experience using multimeters and oscilloscopes for debugging mixed signals systems
- Solid maintenance skills including soldering, wiring and general assembly
- Skills in prototyping with development kits (e.g. Arduino or Raspberry Pi) – including basic software development (C/C++ & Python preferred)
- Excellent documentation / communication skills with an attention to details
- An effective communicator, a ‘can-do’ attitude
Nice to haves
- 1-2 years of industrial experience
- Knowledge of automated dispensing systems design for liquids and solids.