To conduct in-depth investigations across Sidian Bank in accordance to the laid down procedures and standards, to ensure financial crimes are effectively identified and minimized therefore mitigating the potential for operational losses and reputational damage to the bank.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES;
Duties and Responsibilities for this position will be to: –
- Conduct fraud and digital forensic investigations.
- To Login customer complaints and maintain the fraud register.
- Liaise with respective security agencies in fraud matters.
- Work closely with the entire security team to identify any fraud risk and assist in developing/designing control to mitigate the same.
- Investigate customer complaints that may lead to frauds & losses to the business.
- Work with the external security agencies to bring legal action against the perpetrators.
- Develop proactive ways of fighting fraud that includes reviewing control processes/procedures, reviewing new products for fraud risk and undertaking fraud risk assessment.
- Assist in adopting new systems to assist in fraud management.
- Identifying value adding departmental performance initiatives in conjunction with wider security and investigation team.
- To carry out investigations and to ensure that the laid down procedures are adhered to.
- To investigate cases of irregularities/ fraud and to provide appropriate recommendations to management for current cases and to avoid recurrence.
- To conduct annual branch training on fraud awareness and security assessments.
- Degree in Criminology & Security or Degree in Social Science
- Minimum of 5 years’ practical experience in investigations & Security Operations
- Having a Police background will be an added advantage
- Fraud Investigation skills
- Analytical skills
- Report writing and general communication skills
- Knowledge in criminal law
- Disaster handling
- General knowledge in Banking
- Knowledge in laws and regulations affecting the banking and financial industry
- CFE (added advantage)