KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
The intern, reporting to the Innovations lead, is expected to:
- Support innovation projects
- Assist in documenting and flowcharting of business processes
- Assist in the organization and preparation of materials for events, meetings, innovation boot-camps and workshops (in person and virtual)
- Assist in drafting and writing documents and communication materials
- Conduct research regarding technology trends and innovations in the humanitarian sector
- Assist in communication activities
- Support any other activities related to innovation and zero hunger as required.
- Effective support to the innovation team and activities
- Well documented processes & communication materials developed
- Well researched information on emerging innovations
- Quality reports
- Successful preparation of innovation meetings
- Innovative ideas
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Collaborative spirit able to liaise with a wide range of people at all levels and across different cultures and to act with credibility and diplomacy.
- Capacity to work within procedural and process specifications.
- Strong organizational skills.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Interns receive a monthly stipend from WFP depending on the duty station of assignment.
- WFP is not responsible for living expenses, arrangements for accommodation, necessary visas and related costs.
- WFP will recognize candidates’ educational credentials from recognized institutions that have been certified by competent international or national authorities such as the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) or Ministries of Education.
- The internship duration is 8 months, full-time.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in a graduate programme and have attended classes in the past 12 months, or a recent graduate from a graduate programme (within six months prior to the application to the internship programme).
- Areas of studies in the field of Business, Entrepreneurship, Agriculture, Nutrition, International Development or other relevant are preferred.