Health & Safety Manager
- The Health & Safety Manager will be in charge of the hotel’s health and safety-based operations & supervise the hotel healthcare facility’s day-to-day activities by handling medical and administrative tasks. In addition to providing primary health services to colleagues and guests, he/she will provide strategic day-to-day leadership ensuring implementation of HACCP and General Food Safety Standards, departmental programs, policies and processes, and be the champion of Accor’s AllSafe program.
What’s in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Provide primary health services to colleagues and guests as required
- Enrol colleagues in medical health plans as required and administers eligibility periods and notifications for enrollments
- Conduct monthly audits of enrolments, waivers, and terminations to ensure invoice accuracy
- Process claim forms for reimbursement of medical services for colleagues
- Ensure the Hotel clinic is in proper working order and fully stocked with appropriate supplies and medications
- Liaise with clinics, physicians and hospitals to obtain updated medical information for colleagues
- Coordinate pre-employment checks, routine medical examinations for colleagues and Food Handlers checks as per government and county regulations
- Ensure that all First Aid boxes in the Hotel are adequately stocked as per OSHA regulations
- Ensure all confidential colleague medical records are current and entered into the system
- Track colleagues who are on sick leave and ensure that the appropriate payroll information is entered and advises leaders on colleague’s return to work status
- Inspect the Colleague Dining Room and Kitchen regularly to ensure that chefs comply with health and safety regulations
- Inspect the locker rooms and all colleague areas to ensure they are clean and safe for all colleagues
- Work with Security Department and the L&D Manager to provide First Aid Training to Hotel colleagues as needed
- Is an active member/presides over Health & Safety Committee, identifies and implements new initiatives, ensures compliance with the Fairmont The Norfolk Health & Safety Audit
- Administer work-related injury claims with respect to administering and tracking claims, providing return-to-work opportunities for colleagues with work-related injuries and implementing strategies for reducing work-related incidents/accidents
- Uphold the highest standard of internal and external guest services at all times
Health & Safety:
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of Occupational Health & Safety strategies and plan to collaborate with Executive, Leadership and Colleague teams and committees to determine priorities
- Member of the hotel crisis team, with particular emphasis on any occupational incidents
- Oversee the functioning of the hotels’ Joint Health & Safety Committees in accordance with legislation and ensures the creation of processes to improve and prevent incidences.
- Provide guidance and is responsible for overall wellness programs for Colleagues including AllSafe, Occupational Health, Safety (including hygiene training), Ergonomics/Rehabilitation and Disability Management.
- Experience with respirators and mask fit testing
- Hotel Air Quality Testing
- Noise Surveillance and Hearing Conservation Program
- Manage the WHMIS(Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) programs and training
- Reinforce cleaning programs with the operational team in both heart-of-house and front-of-house areas including frequent disinfection of high-touch areas
- Ensure frequent and effective communication with all relevant health and safety stakeholders
- Work closely with Hotel senior leadership to disseminate communication collateral, and stay up to day on changes to legislation to adapt procedures swiftly and accurately
- Complete random testing/audits of hotel/guest room amenities ie tables, glassware, bathrooms, etc. to ensure they are properly cleaned and sanitized
- Ensure protocols are in place and followed regarding reporting of WSIB claims and manage Work Accommodation and Return-to-Work processes as well as Disability Management and Absence Management program.
- Manage Ergonomics/Rehabilitation Program which includes components such as physical demands analysis, functional capability and restriction assessments, job matching, job coaching, workstation assessments, new equipment and new building assessments.
- Develop and sustain musculoskeletal programs to address musculoskeletal injuries. Leads/participates in developing and implementing policies, programs and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Build positive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders (i.e. WSIB, Ministry of Labour, Unions, JHSCs, leadership team, etc.) Participates in activities/ working groups with other organizations and with the community.
- Previous experience is an asset
- Bachelors Degree in Nursing & Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety, Hygiene are an asset
- Valid Kenyan nursing license
- Managing Occupational Health and Safety Management experience within a unionized environment preferably in hospitality.
- Proven knowledge of county regulations for Health Services and Occupational Health & Safety (OSHA and WIBA)
- Demonstrated ability to foster a supportive, respectful and inclusive work environment
- Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written. Fluent English is required.
- High attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in high-pressure situations
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications required