- Lead all aspects of HSE in Kenya with zero harm to any employee, resident, visitor or asset.
- Deliver HSE goals and objectives across the entire city.
- Establish an appropriate management structure to implement the HSE policies throughout the company.
- Ensure sufficient resources are available to enable the HSE function to perform effectively.
- Manage all loss prevention activities as a representative of management.
- Ensure compliance with global best practices and standards of HSE.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and industry standards.
- Advise management on the implementation and administration of the HSE programs.
- Develop and implement loss prevention policies and procedures designed to ensure compliance with the applicable rules and regulations.
- Review all incident reports to determine root cause and corrective action.
- Conduct regular reviews of the HSE program and job sites to evaluate performance, discuss problems, and help solve them.
- Design and conduct health, security, safety, risk management and accident prevention training.
- Maintain best safety practices to minimise accidents/injuries.
- Ensure contractor obligations on HSE matters are adhered to as spelt out in the contract.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly HSE reports for management reviews.
- Design and ensure all safe-to-work systems are implemented in the city and at properties.
- Ensure all findings (audits, inspections) are effectively closed out to prevent a recurrence.
- Inspire the organisation to achieve safety goals and safety excellence through motivational and encouraging communications.
Hard skills and experience:
- Minimum 10 years relevant
- Bachelor of Science degree in Occupational Health and Safety or a related
- Membership to a relevant professional
- A master’s degree in a related field would be an added
- NEBOSH Certification in
- IT proficient – MS Office
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your updated resume to email@example.com and clearly indicate ‘Health, Safety & Environment Manager in the subject line by June 25, 2023