As Head of FP&A for Kenya – you will be the Business Partner for the Kenya business. The role will be the main finance counterpart for the Managing Director as well as the Leadership team across Commercial & Operations, across all business lines in Kenya. This will involve owning all reporting, owning the budget process, and taking the lead on any analysis related to the Kenya business.
- You will lead a team of managers & analysts to deliver reporting and insights that improve performance
- You will be the business partner for Key leaders including the Managing Director, Commercial Director & Operations Director as well as other Functional Heads, with the support of your team.
- Own the monthly and quarterly management reporting packs for leadership & management teams providing detailed commentary on performance
- You will manage the budgeting and forecasting processes, ensuring operating costs and operational efficiencies are considered, and performance trade-offs assessed
- Represent Finance in decision-making meetings for KOKO Club (FMCG), including but not limited to pricing & promotion strategy, stock reconciliations & Last mile.
- Assist in the implementation of Financial Controls across the Kenya business, supported by the Group Finance & Accounting team. This will include the approvals of Purchase Orders and CAPEX among other things
What you Bring to KOKO
- 10+ years of proven work experience as a Finance Business Partner, FP&A or similar role, ideally in the FMCG, Logistics, Energy, or Retail Sectors
- Strong analytical and decision-making skills
- Relevant certification (CPA/CIMA/ACCA or similar degrees)
- Experience of operating in a matrix reporting structure
- Hands-on experience with budgeting and risk management
- Knowledge of data analysis and forecasting models
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field
- Flawless written and spoken English, plus Kiswahili
What we offer
- Competitive salary plus a quarterly cash bonus
- Annual compensation reviews – we reward great work
- Company Mediclaim Insurance for you and your family
- 21 days of annual leave plus public holidays plus examination leave
- The right equipment for the job – a choice of MacBook, Windows, or Linux laptop
We believe that our people are critical for our ambitious growth plans. We want to build an organisation where people thrive, feel included, grow professionally, and enjoy having a high impact through their work.KOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!