Nova Pioneer is looking for superstar Grade 1& Grade 4 Resident teachers to offer a 3-month maternity coverage at our Tatu Day Campus ready and willing to start immediately. The teacher will play a critical role in delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Disclaimer: Nova Pioneer does not charge any feeto process your application.
About The Role
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Provide a safe and secure environment for children to feel comfortable.
- Plan andexecute appropriateactivities for the children each day according to the curriculum, schemes of work and lesson plans that meet the social, physical and emotional needs of the children.
- Developing, reviewing and updatingschemes of work and lesson plans in line with the school curriculum in partnership with the Learning Design team.
- Setting assessments forsubject areas/topics when requested or called upon
- Providea variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate, and use, both in learning activities and in imaginative play.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental, and social development such as games, arts and crafts, music, and storytelling
- Prepare materials, classrooms, and other indoor and outdoor spaces to facilitate creative play, learning and motor-skill activities, and safety.
- Observe and evaluate each child’s progress and provide a written report to the Principal, other school leaders and parents.
- Monitor and keep record/ reports of the children’s progress and development
- Instruct students individually and in groups, adapting teaching methods to meet students’ varying needs and interests
- Assimilate arriving children to the school environment by greeting them, helping them remove outerwear, and selecting activities of interest to them.
- Establish and enforce rules for behavior, and policies and procedures to maintain order among students.
- Plan and supervise class projects, field trips, visits by guests, or other experiential activities, and guide students in learning from those activities.
- Attend professional meetings, educational conferences, and teacher training workshops in order to maintain and improve professional competence.
- Assist in bus loading and unloading
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and Degree in Education/ P1 Diploma
- 3-5 years of teaching experience
- You have good working skills with technology such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth
How To Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply here Now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview:a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do:you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews:at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview:you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made