Visa’s strategy on capturing a share of new flows focuses on Government payments as a key pillar. Visa Government Solutions (VGS) is a new team established for this purpose. Government payments often contribute between 30-40 percent of total market payments and governments everywhere are investing heavily to modernize and digitize their infrastructure. As the new VGS team, we will be leading the company efforts in developing our strategy, leverage expertise in various groups around the company and develop comprehensive government solutions. We are also prioritizing markets for focus and enablement of specialized sales teams.
- Work with the dedicated VGS sales teams to support the pre sales engagement with key distribution partners for Visa solutions (issuers, enablers, service providers), gaining deeper understanding of government needs, priorities and use cases to support the sell in cycle.
- Ideate and co-create innovative capabilities and features with digital partners and enablers combining Visa capabilities and partner capabilities to test new use cases, product features and recommended deployment approaches using a digital-first mindset and the contemporary product management techniques of digital native companies (e.g., human centered design, minimum viable product, rapid prototyping, etc.
- Support the development of Government technology needs or partnership integration requirements into Visa Technology requirements for prioritization, scoping and build
- Support developing joined up solutions that leverage Visa digital technologies including VisaNet, CyberSource, Tink Open Banking services, Visa Secure, Tokenisation, Click to Pay, Visa Risk Manager, Visa Developer Consumer Control APIs etc.
- Support thought leadership on Government payment processing options that blend Visa and partner capabilities with broad government agendas and national payments infrastructure
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of Visa’s capabilities to complement your understanding of national payments infrastructure and trends in payments generally plus the ability to think holistically about the design of a new offering and the implications related to both the customer’s experience as well as the organization’s ability to implement and scale
- Contribute to the creation and review of market acceleration strategies and digital roadmaps with close collaboration with cross-functional teams.
- Work closely with business partners including Risk, Client Services, Legal, Privacy, Government Engagement on the introduction of new solutions.
- Ensure that Visa solution delivery documentation is fit for purpose for Government clients and where gaps exist, work with internal solution owners to remedy
- Liaise with product owners within the global and regional Visa teams to influence product development and timing based on the Government needs and requirements.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office 2-3 set days a week (determined by leadership/site), with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% or more of the time based on business needs.
- 10 years of work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+ years of solution architecture experience in companies serving governments. The ideal candidate would have technology and ideally pre-sales experience in one or more of the following industries – retail banking, payments, technology, consulting.
- Proven ability to translate client needs into product requirements by adapting existing products and solutions
- High degree of competence in RESTful APIs, various architecture patterns, API and SDK integration, mobile/web application development, RTP payment architecture and Open Banking exposure
- Design thinking product development methodology experience
- Experience in business development or partnership development in payments industry
- Strong client and executive-facing communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to influence multiple stakeholders across a matrixed environment
- Proven ability to work on complex and often ambiguous problems, to drive results
- Must have a mindset that embraces creativity, optimism, ambiguity and learning quickly
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.