Duration: 1 Year Fixed Term
Reporting to: Inventory Accountant
We are seeking a Finance Analyst trainee to join our team; this is a one-year program where you will get a chance to dip your toes into the waters of financial services by supporting the finance department’s work. The role is suitable for a graduate straight out of college, making their first career move.
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure accurate posting of all inventory transactions in the various systems
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly physical stock checks in all the warehouses and highlight variances to the management.
- Prepare and distribute daily, weekly, monthly and ad-hoc inventory levels and consumption reports to all the relevant departments.
- Reconcile daily sales quantities with inventory movement.
- Reconciling inventory accounts to the general ledger
- Identify and control stock discrepancies.
- Compile and present stock reports to management
- Reviewing obsolete/redundant inventory for write off and to facilitate their removal from the warehouse.
- Liaise with the warehouse team and other internal teams to test product status upon delivery and storage condition.
- Any other duties as prescribed by your manager
- Minimum CPA, ACCA, Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, economics, or a related field.
- Strong analytical skills and pay attention to even the tiniest details
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to synthesize data and develop meaningful conclusions and predictive insights
- Strong communication/presentation skills and leadership abilities.
- Must have an inquisitive, exploring the mind and a geek about all things finance
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Motivated self-starter, showing creativity and energy