- Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa. Currently the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below.
Job Purpose Statement:
- Reporting to the Manager- HR Operations, the job holder will ensure that documents are filed, distributed, retained, and stored in a way that is administratively and legally sound, whilst at the same time serving the operational needs of Equity Bank Kenya and preserving an adequate historical record.
- Deal with all requests to access files and keep logs of borrowed Employee files.
- Develop an efficient filing system to make updating and retrieving files easier..
- Check incoming paperwork and make sure they are stored in the respective files
- Set up and review documenting records systems.
- Prepare, scan, reassemble and index documents.
- Sort all papers alphabetically and according to content, dates, significance etc.
- Create or update records with new files and information.
- Store all paperwork in designated places securing the important documents.
- Enter paperwork into an electronic system either by data entry or by using optical scanners.
- Monitor inventory of files, confidential documents, and report shortages.
- Advise on new records management policies, providing a framework to guide the staff in the management of their records and use of Documents Management
- Locate and isolate outdated or unnecessary records ready for disposition or transfer to the archive according to the Records Management policy.
- Find, retrieve and disburse information from files in response to phone or physical requests from authorized staff.
- Keep complete and accurate records of documents requested, filed or removed, using appropriate physical and electronic registers as well as tracking documents removed from files to ensure that requested files/documents are returned after use for proper storage.
- Ensure compliance with relevant legislation and regulations on confidentiality and Data.
- Follow policies and confidentiality dictations to safeguard data and information.
- Carry out regular records Audit to ensure all documents & staff files are well secured and accounted for.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Line Supervisor, Head of HR. or any authorized officer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Records Management or related filed will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience as file clerk
- Knowledge of filing systems
- Very good knowledge of MS Office and office equipment such as photocopier, scanner etc.
- Good command of English both oral and written
- Dependable with a respect to confidentiality and policies
- Excellent organizational skills
- Great attention to detail