Key Purpose Statement
- The Compliance Officer will be responsible for ensuring adherence to Company Polices across the operations as well as evaluate the Risk and Control Environment of the Company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
Internal Controls and Reporting:
- Steer compliance operations to facilitate a more robust and proficient approach, reduce fraud and ensure control gaps are closed.
- Maintain standard operating practices SOPs, and ensure alignment of compliance-related policies, controls and processes; provide input to the development of SOPs as required
- Conduct quarterly Risk and Control Matrix and Controls Self-Assessment testing.
- Monitor and manage performance against each RACM and CSA control, review audit findings and monitor actions implemented to close out gaps and correct deviations identified
- Implement and monitor changes and new controls introduced, and ensure changes are embedded into the operations
- Update and review RACM narratives cross functionally to align these to business processes and RACM requirements
- Proactively reduce risks and enhance compliance detection concerns by driving alignment across functions in terms of system adaptation and implementation
- Investigate and propose amendments to current systems, and/or implement new systems that reduce risk in the operational environment
- Review System Segregation of Duties and design mitigations to minimise risk
- Conduct whistle-blow and fraud investigations in-country in an unbiased and independent manner while maintaining total confidentiality and following the required process
- Perform spot checks and surprise checks to ensure compliance at all times
- Generate regular reports as may be required from time to time for review by the Compliance manager for onward reporting.
Internal and External Audit:
- Review audit requests and the allocation of information requests to applicable process owners; guide auditors and the operations to ensure the smooth running of audits within the allocated time period.
- Collate and submit requested information to internal and external auditors to assess compliance to internal controls
- Review, analyse and interpret key audit findings and associated action plans for the country to adequately mitigate the identified risk; investigate and escalate findings or issues as applicable
- Drive closure of audit findings to mitigate further risk to the in-country business
- Adhere to the country governance calendar and fulfil the activities throughout the year
Risk and Governance Capability environment:
- Promote a culture of risk awareness and clear accountability throughout the organisation
- Provide input into the development of training content to improve internal control and governance capabilities across the business
- Ensure the organisation’s risks and liabilities are highlighted and reviewed through continuous update and review of the country risk registers
- Build and maintain collaborative relationships with multiple customers and stakeholders in-country; understand needs and operating contexts, and manage expectations
- Actively contribute to a knowledge-sharing culture within the country compliance team
- Communicate openly with the Compliance Community of Practice to share information
- Apply effective problem-solving methods to find workable solutions to issues
- Interact at all levels internal and external to resolve issues constructively
Skills, Experience & Education
- First degree from a recognized university in BCOM, Finance or Accounting
- Certified Public Accountant , ACCA, and or Certified Internal Auditor with relevant experience will be considered
- Additional diplomas such as Control Framework Design, Policy Framing, Forensics Investigation, will be considered an advantage
- Hands-on experience of SAP and or Microsoft Dynamics essential
- Previous governance and control experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Additional Internal audit experience will be advantageous
- At least 5 years working experience in an External Audit and Internal Audit field.