Years of Experience: 1year+
Reporting to: Credit & Collections Manager
About Ilara Health
At Ilara Health we are building a network of technology-enabled primary healthcare clinics (PHCs) delivering affordable, quality healthcare to Africa’s under-served communities by partnering with local providers across the continent. Founded by entrepreneurs passionate about the role technology can play in improving health outcomes, Ilara Health helps over 2,000 clinics spread across Kenya deliver care to over 3 million patients each year. Ilara Health is a venture-backed company on an aggressive growth path and this is an opportunity to get into an exciting, early stage startup that is bound to make an impact on healthcare outcomes in Africa.
The Collections Agent will be responsible for contacting and collecting overdue debts from customers while using a motorcycle as their primary mode of transportation. The position requires strong communication skills, and the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Contact and communicate with customers who have outstanding debts to initiate payment arrangements.
- Use a motorcycle to travel to various locations to meet with customers and conduct in-person collections visits.
- Maintain accurate records of customer interactions, payment arrangements, and any updates to customer account information.
- Follow up with customers who have not made payments or who have broken payment arrangements.
- Negotiate payment plans and settlements with customers who are unable to pay in full.
- Keep up-to-date with company policies and regulations regarding debt collection practices.
- Conduct skip tracing activities to locate customers who have moved or changed contact information.
- Provide exceptional customer service by answering questions, addressing concerns, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Maintain and ensure the safe operation of the motorcycle by performing regular maintenance and adhering to all traffic laws and regulations.
- Complete necessary paperwork and reports accurately and on time.
- Assist in recovery efforts of assets from customers.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required, and some college education is preferred.
- Experience in debt collections, customer service, or a related field is preferred.
- Have a motorcycle and possess a valid driver’s license with a motorcycle endorsement and have a good driving record.
- Good knowledge of motorcycle maintenance and repair.
- Familiarity with skip tracing techniques and practices.
- Based in Nyeri.
Who You Are:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Physical fitness and the ability to ride a motorcycle for extended periods.
- Strong negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational and time management skills.