We are seeking a full time Chief Financial Officer who brings passion to the role to add value to the Pezesha vision. They will thrive on the uncertainty, and add credibility through communication and impact. They have to be a sensitive leader, assertive, collaborative and savvy. They will have a pulse on the business, and as such, will be a pivotal member of Pezesha’s executive management team. The CFO will report directly to the company CEO and the board.
The primary functions of the CFO include:
- They will be accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company. This encompasses;
- Development and implementation of a sound financial management strategy,
- Development and maintenance of financial metrics tied to strategy
- Development and monitoring of control systems designed to boost and preserve shareholder value
- They will work closely alongside the CEO, almost ‘joined at the hip’, and expected to know when to challenge ideas and accelerate, while at the same time supporting the CEO.
The CFO is a multi-disciplinary full time role that demands diverse skills as listed in the below additional responsibilities:
Strategy, Planning and Management
- Act as strategic business partner to the CEO by assisting in formulating the company’s future strategic direction and supporting medium-term tactical initiatives
- Ownership of firm-wide corporate annual and periodic financial planning to drive achievements of stakeholder objectives
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the organization with regard to short, medium and long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Provide insight and recommendations to both short-term, medium and long-term growth plan of Organization.
- Create and establish sound capital structure and cash management financial objectives that align with the company’s plan for growth and expansion.
Financial Planning & Analysis and Reporting
- Develop and implement a sound financial model that captures current and future states of the Pezesha business model
- Work with COO to develop pathway for firm-wide targets by constructing and driving KPI achievement across cross-functional teams
- Work with Finance Controller to drive and maintain annual and periodic company operating and liquidity cash flow budget
- Work with Data Science Manager to drive optimisation of credit scoring models in line with target loss rate across the different Pezesha credit portfolios
- Work closely with the Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) on compliance reporting
- Work with Collections Lead and Finance Controller to drive optimisation of the Pezesha Balance Sheet provisions in line with the target provisions number
- Work with COO to drive optimisation of credit product pricing strategies across the different credit portfolio
- Present to the CEO periodic financial statement, key financial metrics and cash flow budgeting reports
- Develop and maintain control process that enables on-schedule delivery of financial reports
- Ownership of the firm’s asset-liability management by designing and executing process matching with stated corporate goals across the credit business and software business units
- Drive optimal operating and lending cash flow management strategy across local and foreign exchange exposures, including identifying appropriate and practical hedging products in relation to the Pezesha financial model
- Drive optimal leverage structure in relation to the strength and size of the Pezesha Balance sheet
Fund Raise & Investor Relations
- Represent Pezesha in all equity and debt cash flow raise and reporting communication to all investors
- Work with CEO and COO and CCO to develop a compelling value proposition and key communication for future fund raise as well as existing investors
- Identify, reach-out and pitch to prospective investors and manage the related processes to deal closure
- Build investor confidence in the company’s vision to deliver shareholder value through a comprehensive Investor relations framework and strategy
- Provide market insights to the management team, including financial trends, investor concerns, competitor actions, and anything that might impact the firm valuation
- Oversee communication & reporting of financial results to investors through comprehensive MIS.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate needs to have the following experience
- At least 7 years experience in financial advisory at a Tier 1 Management consulting firm, Investment Bank or Series A lending Fintech
- Demonstrated financial services financial modeling and treasury management experience
- Education: At least a Masters in Financial Economics in a top tier educational institution
- Track record of leadership capabilities with strong problem-solving skills, high stakes communication skills, series A equity and debt fundraising experience and managing young and multicultural teams
- Added advantage
- Certification: CFA, FRM or CQF
Compensation & Perks: Competitive Salary + performance based bonuses + stock options incentives appropriate for the role.
How to Apply
Please send your CVs and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the title of the job on the subject header of the email (REF 23/Pezesha CFO).