- To drive and deliver exceptional retail business performance, through the provision of efficient business management, powerful leadership, team development, and achievement of operational rigor excellence in branches with up to 50 staff members or branches with single customer categories.
- To drive implementation of business and service strategies to deliver Retail and Business Banking performance and growth targets in the branch.
- Provide powerful leadership in the branch to ensure the delivery of the business plans by establishing a high-performance culture amongst the branch team.
- Achieve operational rigor excellence and maintenance of a healthy business environment through strict adherence to operations and compliance policies and guidelines
Main accountabilities and approximate time split
Driving Business Performance: Time split 40%
- Implement business strategies to deliver performance and growth as communicated by the Regional Manager.
- Drive branch performance against key performance standards as communicated and agreed with the Regional Manager in areas including:
- Balance sheet growth,
- Sales growth and income contribution,
- Cost performance,
- credit management,
- Employee satisfaction,
- Customer experience,
- Operational risk and control rigor management
- Provide clear direction to branch staff on the Retail and Business Banking business objectives, translating and prioritizing into business performance measures at the branch level.
- Establish relationships with key clients or business influencers in the local area, including client visits, and complete call reports for every customer visit and this should be filed for snap checks.
- Monitor daily branch sales performance ensuring sales and portfolio growth targets are achieved
- Understand the local business drivers and issues that have an impact on branch performance.
- Identify business improvement opportunities and make appropriate recommendations to the Regional Manager regarding service initiatives, improvement for existing products and processes, opening or closure of branches
People Management and Development: Time split 30%
- Develop and communicate an annual plan to optimize the resources (Financial, human and physical) as agreed with the Regional Manager.
- Prepare a resource and capacity plan for the branch to be incorporated in the annual plan for the Region.
- Build and develop a high-performing team, through embedding performance management and coaching. Discuss and finalize performance management plans and ratings for the branch team.
- Maximize performance of the branch team members by identifying and developing their training needs, and ensure coaching or delivery of training takes place.
- Drive employee development and engagement within the branch teams that results in a high-performance climate and culture
- Conduct effective performance management for direct reports
- Monitor and ensure that all Branch Key Performance Indicators are achieved
- Share knowledge experience and best practices with branch team members.
- Create an empowering environment for direct reports, encouraging individual ownership and initiative and ensuring they do the same for all their staff.
- Effective resource management/planning that reflects current and future business requirements, ensuring the correct balance of numbers, skills, and experience, by playing an active role in the recruitment and exits of direct reports.
- Initiate HR processes for direct reports when required e.g., disciplinary process, leave management, learning, and development, talent identification, etc. in consultation with HR
- Acts as an escalation point for grievance cases within the branch
- Pursue own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas for development
Compliance Management: Time split 15%
Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise-Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Absa Policies and Policy Standards. Understand and manage risks and risk events (incidents) relevant to the role.
- Ensure the branch operates in a compliant manner and adheres to relevant company and regulatory requirements to achieve satisfactory grades in local & Group Audits
- Monitor branch operations and control performance to ensure that branch standards are met and where required review branch remediation action plans with the Regional Manager
- Report all incidents within the branch in line with the bank’s incident reporting procedures
- Sign off all budgeted branch expenses and seek Regional Manager approval as necessary.
- Sign off all dormant accounts and seek Regional Manager approval as necessary.
- Hold cost center for network-related non-branch expenses such as disturbance allowances, transportation costs, etc. responsible for managing costs within budgets for these items.
Customer Service Management: Time split 15%
- Understand and articulate aggregated feedback at the branch level to shape the customer proposition and product offering.
- Ensure high quality, knowledgeable service levels in branches to exceed customer expectations.
- Build a motivated, committed, and focused Branch team, consistently delivering creative, precise, and customer-focused service
- Ensure branch service excellence through continuous monitoring of service scores and discuss and agree on resolution plans with Regional Manager.
- Ensure all customer contact points in the branch, including equipment (PCs, printers, note counters, ATMs, etc.) are of the highest service standard. ATM uptime has to be kept within 95% and any issues raised to the Channel Manager at head office.
- National Certificate: Accounting (Required)