DUTIES / JOB DETAILS
Under the supervision of the Assistant Director Underwriting and Marketing (ADUM), the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Soliciting and receiving treaty offers from existing and potential clients, assessing such offers when received and determining whether to accept them in line with the Corporation’s underwriting policies/guidelines.
- Preparing renewal and new business quotation proposals to cedants and brokers.
- Maintaining proper records of all business offers and transactions received and concluded.
- Attending client correspondence, social and business functions, and other related activities for overall marketing effectiveness.
- Reviewing facultative acceptances regularly ahead of renewal and reviewing treaty acceptances annually ahead of renewal.
- Ensuring that all the treaties and facultative contracts are processed, and the cover notes/slips/wordings signed and sent out to cedants or brokers.
- Monitoring the profitability of markets serviced and monitoring progress towards the achievement of income targets in the assigned markets.
- Paying market visits regularly for new businesses and for the renewal of existing business as well as for obtaining market statistics and other relevant information for the Corporation’s strategic and operational use.
- Assist in reviewing and monitoring the proper processing of all technical transactions.
- Assist in ensuring all claims reports, cash calls request and other claims supporting documentation are timely processed for a prompt settlement of genuine claims.
- Ensuring pre and follow-up risk surveys are carried out and risk improvement recommendations given to the cedants are implemented.
- Providing training, advice and other forms of technical support to both staff and clients on a regular basis.
- Assisting, if necessary, Finance & Technical accounts in reviewing the reconciliation of cedants’ and brokers’ accounts
- Chasing outstanding amounts due from cedants and brokers while also ensuring timely remittance of amounts due to them.
- Prepare periodic management reports in collaboration with staffs’ in the regional office.
- Attending to other duties as may be assigned by the Corporation or management from time to time.
- Follow up on salvages with clients.
- Ability to train subordinates on claims processes.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- First University Degree in relevant fields plus 5 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both Treaty and Facultative); reinsurance pricing; claims management, risk survey and assessment.
- First University Degree in relevant fields plus Masters’ Degree and/or full Insurance/Reinsurance/Actuarial Professional Qualification, plus 3 years post qualification relevant qualitative work experience with emphasis on reinsurance underwriting (both treaty and Facultative); reinsurance pricing; claims management, risk survey and assessment.
- Relevant Professional Qualification (ACII or Equivalent) would be an added advantage.
- A Post Graduate Degree in insurance would be an added advantage.
- Relevant Work Experience in a Reinsurance company would be an added advantage.
- Relevant Working Exposure in a Multicultural Environment will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Interested candidates are requested to visit the Africa-Re website at https://www.africa-re.com/career to complete the online employment form.
Candidates may also submit their applications to by email to: email@example.com
Africa-Re is an equal opportunity employer and offers good working environment commensurate with international organizations.
The Corporation reserves the right to appoint at the advertised grade level or at any other level that may suit the profile, qualifications and experience of the successful candidate.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATIONS
The deadline for submission of interested candidates’ application shall be 30 June 2023
Interested and qualified? Go to African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) on africa-re.com to apply