A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
About the Department
Deloitte East Africa has a well-versed strategy and operations team under our Consulting Department that is uniquely positioned to support the strategic agenda of our clients in the key domains of growth, business improvement & optimization, and strategic transformation. The wide spectrum of capabilities thought leadership and experience are underpinned by the Deloitte platform of executable strategy and innovation for growth.
Our unique strategic planning approach and capability allows executive teams to understand the future and create growth and aspirational viewpoints about the possibility in their markets and organizations.
Deloitte East Africa currently has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Consulting – Enterprise Technology and Performance as an API Business Analyst.
Main purpose of the job
The successful candidate will support the Consulting – Enterprise Technology and Performance Team in developing, maintaining, and optimizing the performance of MuleSoft applications. The Analyst will work closely with other development teams and customer stakeholders to ensure the delivery of robust solutions. The position will be based in our Nairobi office in Kenya.
- Analyse current and future business needs and assess the impact of changes in business requirements.
- Develop functional design specifications.
- Strategize with stakeholders to identify potential improvement areas in existing workflows.
- Monitoring the performance of the system during and after implementation.
- Develop processes and procedures for troubleshooting and support of MuleSoft systems.
- Liaise with IT development teams on the overall system architecture and implementation.
- Identify user requirements and provide training and support.
- Design and develop test cases to ensure the quality of the system.
- Collaborate with program management on system release schedules and status updates.
- Assist with data mapping and integration flows.
- Assist with the development of models, reports and dashboards.
- Propose, design and evaluate systems solutions to business problems based on requirements.
- Write technical specifications and test cases.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field
- Understanding of project management techniques and software technologies.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong attention to detail.
- 1+ year experience working as a Business Analyst or related role.
- Experience in a SaaS or enterprise software environment, preferably in the areas of application integration and enterprise software development.
- Experience working in an agile environment and with Scrum methodology.
- Demonstrated ability to translate customer requirements into a technical design.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- MuleSoft Integration Associate Certification.
- Proficiency in API design preferably Mulesoft API design.
- Proficiency in the use of MuleSoft Platforms.
- Proven track record working on MuleSoft projects and integrated systems.
- Experience using Salesforce App Cloud or other cloud-based platforms.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease.
- Focus on quality and risk.
- Effective problem-solving ability.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic direction – Understands objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligns own work to objectives and sets personal priorities.
Talent development – Develops self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, shares knowledge and experiences with others, and acts as a strong brand ambassador Inspirational.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
Closing date: 5 July 2023
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
At Deloitte, we want everyone to feel they can be themselves and to thrive at work—in every country, in everything we do, every day. We aim to create a workplace where everyone is treated fairly and with respect, including reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities. We seek to create and leverage our diverse workforce to build an inclusive environment across the African continent.