- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- As a seasoned team member, answers questions, explain processes, and correspond with people concerning specialized information within the assigned department or work group.
- Schedules meetings, prepares agendas, records meeting minutes, coordinates travel arrangements, itineraries, and welcomes and hosts visitors.
- Draft and/or proofread documents or forms and other correspondence such as official company records, external letters, and government filings, which may be confidential in nature.
- May perform light manual labor such as delivering office supplies, arranging chairs, and setting up refreshments or brochures and displays.
- May communicate with staff in other countries to facilitate processing of information or work product, follow-up on accuracy and process compliance, ensure clear understanding between functions, as well as serve on project teams.
- The assistant may assist in the creation, tracking, and reporting for the department or work group supported and may administer ongoing basic programs and processes.
- May order supplies or services, arrange for shipping or transportation, or provide other logistical services in accordance with standard practices and policies. May provide document recording or authentication services as required.
- Coordinates and negotiates with airlines, third-party travel agencies, hotels, conference centers, and car rental companies and fulfills online ticket requests and routes.
- Books complex international and domestic travel arrangements for groups, staff, as well as guests.
- Keeps travelers appropriately informed of ticketing deadlines, Passport, Visa, and Immunization requirements relevant procedures, and processes impacting their upcoming travel.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelors Degree in Business Administration or related discipline
- 3 to 5 years relevant experience working in this or a related field.
Licenses and Certifications
- IATA Diploma certification.