- Manage and lead (at a technical capacity) the design task on day-to-day basis.
- Allocate parts of the design to the design engineer and CAD technician.
- Hydrological study review, checking and verification of existing survey data
- Preparation and evaluation of feasibility studies necessary to prepare a proposal
- Prepare detailed infrastructure drawings from concept designs up to completion and production of As-Built drawings
- Preparation of final reports and drawings, submission to relevant authorities and obtaining of the necessary approvals
- Cost analysis of works with the QS from the feasibility stage up to the final account stage of the works
- Carry out site supervision of implementation of projects and ensure the adequate management of contracts for civil engineering works and/or supply of goods
- Coordinate with external peer reviewers on the proposed designs to ensure sufficiency of the designs and implement any changes proposed
- Conduct regular meetings with project stakeholders and the wider project team to ensure proper coordination, collaboration of designs and proposals
- Analyzing project requirements relating to cost, functionality, aesthetics, buildability and scheduling and challenging ordinary approaches, assumptions and design ideas to develop and deliver novel solutions that appeal in both form and function
- Ensuring all work is fully documented to a high standard by drafting statements of work, proper and competent reports, proposals, applications and contracts
- Managing project design changes by swiftly adapting according to circumstances and promptly resolving problems that may arise during construction
- Conducting regular site inspections to building sites, proposed locations and participating in consultant and client.
Hard skills and experience:
- A Masters holder in Civil Engineering or in Building Technology from a reputable
- Expert level in design software including AutoCAD and Civil 3D and any other software for infrastructural design.
- Minimum of 12-15 years’ experience on design and supervision of infrastructure projects. Road’s experience is mandatory.
- Previous experience of managing a team of design engineers and CAD technicians.
- Registration with the Engineer’s Registration Board of Kenya or any other reputable organization will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your updated resume to Civilworksdesign@tatucity.com and clearly indicate ‘Civil Works Design Engineer’ on the subject line by 15 June 2023